Descriptions of our services
THE HOSPITAL AND THE ORGAANIZATION OF THE HOSPITAL
The hospital will have a board of directors. It will be led by a director linked to the board of directors. Unities affiliated to the general direction will complete the organization.
The general manager:
- The general manager is the person that will lead the hospital using the executive power conferred to him by the board of directors.
- The general manager coordinates these two unities and brings the necessary human and material resources for the regular work of these unities.
- His task also consists in making sure the units of the hospital help doctors at the right moment and applying the policies and rules specified by the board of doctors.
- The general manager should conduct works the way to certify the hospital.
- His task also consists in representing the hospital.
- The general manager informs the public of the activities of the hospital; collect information about the external development; plan those information and use them in the decision making process.
He is the biggest manager of the hospital. He is responsible in front of the board of directors. He is in charge of the management, the organization, the research plans, and the programs of the hospital. He determines the mission, the vision, and the strategies. He coordinates the directors linked to him and organizes a general meeting with them once a week. With the direction of the hospital, he determines the rules and the strategies. The human resources director plays the role of general secretary during those meetings. During those meetings, directors discuss about the problems and find solutions to them. Twice a week, he makes a medical visit with the medical and the administrative directors. During these visits, if possible, he pays visit to all the patients, he can see and evaluate the patient-doctor, patient-nurse and doctor-nurse relationships.
- Corporative and public relationships
Creation of the identity of the hospital (creation of logos, brochures, catalogues…)
Work for the reliability of the establishment
Organize invitations and programs
Elaborate methods for the description of the hospital in the neighboring countries.
Prepare the transfer of patients in other country if necessary.
Services of VIP patients
- Advertisements, medias and the promotion
- Services of the staffs (preparation of documents and sending them to the accountability, salaries of the workers, purchases and interviews).
Determine the group of patients having private assurance.
Prepare contracts with embassies.
Prepare contracts with bank men and some groups of the private sector.
Prepare contracts with the workers of the United Nations and the European Union.
Commercialize the health service in the neighboring countries.
- Treatment and computerizing data
- Statutory manager
- The emergency service
- The training comity
- Manager of the hospitalized patients
- The hospitalization service
- Intensive care (newborns and general)
- Operation room
- Infection control comity
- Comity for the security of the workers
- Relationships with patients, visitors, evacuation of patients, welcoming services , and the rights of patients.
- Cleaning and gardening
- Medical wastes and their management
- The morgue
- Statistics and archives
- Technical services (equipping and taking care of electric and mechanic installments)
- Management of the ambulances and the means of transport.
- Receiving guests and the management of the accommodation in the hospital
- Kitchen and dietetic services: foods, drinks, management of the kitchen and the cafeteria
- The Accountability
The purchase and the management of materials
- Medical purchases
- Non medical purchases
- Creation of the inventory of the materials
- Management of the material store
At the opening of the hospital, a coordination of quality and an ethic comity will be set up. All these two unities will work in collaboration with the general direction.
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of the diseases of the endocrine organs: thyroid and parathyroid.
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases: breast abscess, breast benign tumor, breast cancer.
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of the diseases of the digestive system: the liver diseases (liver abscess, liver cysts), the biliary vesicle and the biliary tracts (the biliary vesicle inflammation).
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of the diseases of the small and big intestines: surgery of the appendicitis, the polyps, the diverticulitis, ulcer and tumors of the spine.
- Diagnosis and treatment of the diseases of the anal region: medical and surgical treatment of the hemorrhoids, of cracks, fistula and abscess; the treatment and surgery of the hemorrhoids ligation bands.
- Pilonidal sinus
Various methods have been elaborated and used against this disease and the search still continues. In spite of this, this disease still remains a major problem. The surgical methods can be summarized as the open surgery, semi open surgery, and closed surgery. The surgery method is chosen according to the conditions of the sickness and the surgical preference.
- Diagnosis and surgical treatments of the hernia: surgery of the inguinal, abdominal, thigh hernia, and hernias resulting from surgery.
- Diagnosis and treatment of the stomach diseases: surgical treatment following the perforation and the bleeding of the stomach; surgery of the stomach tumors.
- Laparoscopic surgery: with small incisions made in the stomach, devices are placed in the abdomen to guide endoscopic videos. Nowadays, the most frequent biliary bladder surgery is the laparoscopic one. In our hospital, the surgeries of the biliary bladder, of the appendicitis, of the hernia, and stomach perforations are practiced.
- Treatment of the varix: diagnosis and treatment of the varix (the medical treatment, the sclerotherapy, excision paker and the varix surgery) are successfully done.
- All the wounds on the body: surgical treatments of cracks on the skin, vein cracks, and treatment of the burnings.
- Quick interventions for road accidents and emergency surgeries.
- Small surgical interventions:
- Tissue biopsy: open biopsy, needle biopsy
- Cytology of the cytopunctional biopsy (breast cancer and the nodules of thyroids), the lymph nodes biopsy.
- Removal of corporal masses: lipoma, naevius, lymph nodes.
- Abscess drainage
- Dressing of burnings and debridement
- The control and the revision of the nail level.
- Diagnosis procedures like thoracentesis and paracentesis.
- Gastroenterology serviceWe have endoscopy devices of the new technology and we make examination and give modern treatments for esophagus, stomach, and duodenum diseases. The diagnosis and treatment of patients are accompanied by sedative for their relief. Colonoscopy devices are available for the diagnosis and the treatment of the diseases of the big intestines, the sigmoid spine and the rectal.Tooth serviceOur tooth section makes emergent tooth interventions, the treatment of the dental decay, and dental implant.Ophthalmologic service
- Ophthalmologic examination and glass prescription
- Cataract surgery: phaco and others
- Strabismus surgery
- Setting implants
- Valve surgery
- Surgery of pterygium and similar
- Treatment with Yag Laser and Argon
Treatment with Excimer Laser
The delivering room is conceived the way patients themselves can feel confident. Modern rooms are equipped with decent materials for prenatal consultations, the examination and the follow up of babies and their mothers after the delivering. We have two delivering rooms. There is a room near the delivering room for the intensive cares of newborns so as to intervene quickly in case of complication with the baby before and after the delivering.
In the operation room, air conditioning, and all the other hygienic conditions are respected. There are four operations rooms. All the surgeries are done with modern medical materials. The biomicroscope and the complete system will be used for the brain surgery, the surgery of Oto rhino laryngological, and eye diseases. We have all the devices and equipments that will be used by the surgeon during the surgery. A half sterile room is available for the preparation of patients before the operation and their awakening after the operation.
A skillful team will be responsible for anesthesia 24 hours a day (general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, spinal anesthesia, epidural anesthesia, peripheral nerve (peripheral nerve block) matching and local anesthesia. The skillful anesthesia technicians constitute an important part of this team. They will be assisting specialist anesthesists. From newborns to the elderly persons, all surgical attempts of the surgical team on patients are possible in 24 hours a day and very quickly with the support of anesthetists.
General anesthesia is done with various drugs that put the patient in a sleep state, relieve half of the pain, and relax most of the muscles. Meanwhile, patients’ airways are connected to a few artificial respirators. With these devices, patient breathing is ignored. During anesthesia, the life functions continue. This time to say better, I think, gives the example of the plane. When traveling by air, whether the destination is a short or long, we must prepare. Because travelers as well as plane and time need many preparations.
We can compare anesthesia to this. Despite the patients’ preparations before surgery, once they arrive at the hospital, they must carry out a series of preparations until they are on the service beds. In addition, the service itself does some preparations. Meanwhile, in the operating rooms all devices must be prepared in advance as well as all the materials that will be used during the operation. After all the preparations, everything being prepared, the patient is called into the operating room. Preparations are finished only if the patient falls asleep. That means he’s ready to take off.
The intravenous sera are installed as soon as the patients arrive in the operating room. Generally the patient begins to sleep as soon as the serum and the anesthetics come into effect. Administration of other anesthetics continues. The anesthetist continues this way with drugs during the operation. During this period and during the operation the patient feels as if the pain is half relieved. Generally sufficient short-term intravenous anesthesia is given for simple and short-term operations. Other drugs are applied for pain and long-term interventions. The respiratory mask will be placed in the mouth and nose or give oxygen and gaseous anesthetics by means of breathing tubes introduced into the trachea arteries.
In addition, for some operations some catheters such as the stomach catheter, the catheter for urine, the catheter for veins and arteries will be fixed. Drugs are given so that the patient does not feel the pain during the operation; treatments are made for the total control of the functioning of the heart and lungs, the proper functioning of other organs and if necessary serum and drugs are given to the patient. All these operations are done without the patient’s knowing. During the operation, the anesthetist remains on the patient’s side to control the health. During this period the surgeon continues working comfortably. During anesthesia, the anesthetist and the anesthesia technician are constantly controlling the functions of life (pulse, tension, breathing, pulsation, blood oxygen level and many functions). The end of the operation corresponds to the end of the anesthesia. With this process, the effects of the drugs are quickly erased from the patient and then he wakes up from his deep sleep. Patients who wake up from anesthesia are sent to the awakening room and put under complete supervision. What bothers most patients after the operation is the feeling of pain. For this, some pain relief methods are applied so that the patient does not feel much pain when he wakes up. Before some serious long-term operations, patients are sometimes referred to the Intensive Care Unit for good treatment and follow-up after surgery.
Regional anesthesia is the application of anesthetics on a part of the body (arm, leg, chest etc.). There are other types like spinal and epidural.
It is the type of anesthesia that applies the drugs to the organs under the waist and the organs that will undergo the operation. This method is applied on patients who do not do general anesthesia. In this type of anesthesia, the patient is aware of the operation.
Spinal anesthesia is applied to what kind of patient?
- The operation of fibroids
- Cesarean delivery
- Leg fracture surgery
- Dental prosthesis surgery
- Inguinal hernia surgery
- Surgery of patients not meeting the requirements of general anesthesia
- The operation of hemorrhoids
The epidural anesthesia (delivering without pain=the princess delivering)
Dear future mothers, you are about to end the magnificent and miraculous travel of the humanity. Thank you for the sacrifice and the patience that you testified. Now you want to test your chance and live the happiness of giving birth, but you don’t want the cesarian. So, you can choose to deliver without pain.
What is the epidural anesthesia?
This method consists in applying drugs on a special party of the body by using the methods of the regional anesthesia. This method is frequently used during the delivering. The sensitivity of the nerves of the epidural block of the lumbar region is blocked. So, we have more advantages and less secondary effects.
When is it applied?
Used to the normal delivering, the womb extends up to nearly 4 cm. This method is applied when the pain is too much and this period is called “active phase”.
The local anesthesia
It is the fact of applying drugs on small specific parts concerned by the surgery. Here, the anesthesia is applied only on the part concerned by the surgery and the patient is conscious. With an injector, the anesthetic product is injected around the operation area and the nerves of that part are anesthetized. It is also called the infiltration anesthesia. The operation is possible after 3-5 minutes. This method is preferable in the case of abscess drainage, stitches of small incisions on the skin. The duration of the effects of the anesthesia varies according to the specific components of the anesthetics. The local anesthesia can be done under the form of pulverization or cream. Here, neither the injector nor something else is needed in the body. The surface of the surgery area is anesthetized and it is called “the topic anesthesia”. For this anesthesia, the concerned parts are prepared minutes before to prevent the pain of the injection. They can also be done before setting catheters or taking blood sample.
What is done before the anesthesia?
Evaluations are done before the surgery. The situation of the patient should be detailed. It should be known if he had done anesthesia before, allergy, smoking habit or other drugs used. All the necessary tests like laboratory tests or medical imagery are done. After all these preparations, and according to the status of the patient, the risks of the anesthesia are determined and shared with the patient and his parents. After the agreement of the patient with the anesthesia, the appointment is set for the operation.
After the surgery
The task of the anesthetist is not only to anesthetize the patient. He must also awaken the patient after the surgery. He is also in charge of cleaning the effects of the drugs used during the surgery; of relieving pain after the surgery, the follow up and the necessary treatments for the recovery of the patient.
- Medical Imagery
- Ultrasound: the service is done with devices of 3-4 dimensions.
- Direct radiography
- Magnetic resonance
- Computer tomography: many treatments will be done easily with the 64- tranches tomography. In addition, tests of the narrowing of the coronary arteries of the heart will be done with a virtual angiography method without catheter and bloodless.
- The medical laboratory
- Biochemical laboratory
- Blood count
- Complete biochemistry
- Hormonal tests
- Tests of tropical diseases
- Microbiologic laboratory
- Culture and antibiogram: the culture of blood, urine, and serum
- Eliza tests
- Tests of the tropical diseases
- Tests of infectious diseases like the VIH
In our hospital, we have 44 single bed rooms. Each room contains a washbasin and a shower. Our rooms are large enough to contain the fellows, the visitors, and the patient himself.
- General Intensive Care
We have an intensive care service that contains up to 14- well equipped beds. Many mechanic ventilators and the air conditioning systems are also available.
- Intensive Care for newborns
It is a unit of 09 incubators, all well equipped. There are mechanic ventilators to help the respiratory mechanism of premature and normal babies. Besides, we have phototherapy devices for babies suffering from jaundice and tunnel type phototherapy tools for persistent hyper bilirubinemy.